Resting Metabolic Rate Testing
What is Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR)?
- Metabolism, quite simply, is the conversion of food to energy.
- Metabolic rate is a measure of how much food, or fat, is converted to energy in a day. Resting metabolic rate (RMR) is the measurement of how much food, or energy, is required to maintain basic body functions such as heartbeat, breathing, and maintenance of body heat while you are in a state of rest. That energy is expressed in calories per day. So an RMR test shows how many calories you burn at rest, doing nothing more than sitting in a chair.
What this session includes:
- Your specific RMR and a detailed summary of your results
- Body composition analysis via measurements or skin calipers
- Personalized calorie and macro-nutrient recommendations per the patient’s nutrition goals
To prepare for the RMR:
- Be sure to avoid food, caffeine, exercise, and nicotine for at least 4 hours before the test
This service does not include any meals, grocery lists, or nutrition counseling.